Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sab FOMO hai yaar !

Riya can't stop talking about FOMO. Fear OF Missing Out. FOMO is when you do not want to miss having it because they rest are having it. One of our friend's facebook update last month said: "Having the time of  my life at Vapour Pub. The best evening ever!!" Four friends were tagged in the status that also had a photo of them holding beautiful cocktails in their hands. In the following two weeks, a dozen another friends of ours had checked in at Vapour Pub. Riya tells me,"Yaar, they are all victims of FOMO. They saw Sneha's facebook check-in and they just want to go because someone else has gone. Sab FOMO hai yaar."


 And then  my friend herself checked out the Facebook Page of Vapour Pub. She could see from the photos posted there that the ambiance is "crazily upbeat", as she calls it. They have put up some images of their signature dishes in the facebook page. We browsed through them together and could not stop drooling over them. As I went further down the newsfeed on their facebook page, I spotted a video with Honey Singh's mouth half open ( as if he is screaming some obscenity) in the thumbnail. Honey Singh is my favourite, so ofcourse I checked out the video. And hello! omg! Yo Yo Honey Singh is coming to Vapour Pub the next saturday. No one tells me anything nowadays. Except Facebook I guess. Thik hai, people these days don't have time anyways; gossip shossip happens only on  facebook and twitter. So, I decide to spread my news, the "these days" way. I put up a carefully crafted update on facebook saying: "Saturday ka shaam, Yo! Yo! Honey Singh ke naam. Catch me if you can at Vapour Pub." Ofcourse, I tagged Vapour Pub in my status (thats the cool thing to do these days) and within an hour, seven other friends commented saying that they will also join me at Vapour. Ofcourse Riya will go with me. She told me, "No, no, I am not going because of FOMO baba. I am going because of you. Yeh toh dosti hai yaar. Plus, ambiance bhi toh achcha hai!"


No comments:

Post a Comment